Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Weekend


I flew home to sweet, sweet Michigan, in hopes of surprising my family... and I was thiiiiiis close to pulling it off. Darn. But it was a lovely weekend... It sure was hard to leave my sweet husband here in Tennessee, but the time with my family was very much needed, to say the absolute least.

I knew I missed home, but wasn't aware of how much I missed home until I got there.
It may not look like much to you, but this is one of my favorite sights in the world.
I could pick out that driveway and those trees from thousands.

Home.
Oh, my heart.

We packed up and drove up to camp, where we spent a few days with our extended family and some lifelong friends.
 
 

Hearts received healing and there were tears of laughter running down our cheeks most of the weekend. Loving on my parents and siblings for 5 whole days... There are few things that bring me such joy as this.

I thank God for the time we had. He has been doing big, heartbreaking, and amazing things in my family lately. He pushes us out of our comfort zone to trust Him more. He is good and faithful in our lives, and He always brings the peace that we pray for.

Thank you to my Daddy and my Papa for serving in the U.S. Military, working to glorify God and keep our country safe. We love you. What a wonderful Memorial Day it was.

It made the second weekend in a row that I've been blessed to have a break from reality, a chance to breathe. And I never want to say goodbye, because it's so very hard... having to leave my baby sister at the airport entrance, watching her cry while she waves to me... it shatters my heart.


Sometimes knowing that where I am in life right now isn't where God needs me to be gets me feeling very defeated. It's Satan's way of laughing in my face. And it hurts...

But these are times when my sweet Lord soothes my aching soul and gives me the courage I need.

I can honestly say, with my whole heart, that I have the greatest family.
God is good. Can you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment