Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fear


 For most of my adult life, I have lived in Fear.

It has taken many forms:
crutch, handcuff, and earmuff.
Fear has been my tool of self support.
It has kept me chained when I want to break free.
And it has helped me ignore the call of God.

Fear has been my friend. My closest enemy.

But God has been doing some hard work on my heart lately. Beautiful, but terrifying work. I won't go into details here... But I will say that I am at the weirdest place I've ever been in my life.
Standing at some very exciting, intimidating, passionate and life-changing crossroads.
And it scares me to death.

The only thing my heart holds onto is the promise of God.
He is the Rock to which I'm clinging and the Knower who I call on for answers.

1 John 4:18a says this.
"There is no fear in love. Perfect Love casts out fear."
It's as simple as that.

Jesus is the Perfect Love, and through His name, there will be
no more fear in me. Where He is, is where I want to be.

Be brave, Keilah. Be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment