Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On my heart

This has been on my heart all week. So I thought I'd share.
Lately, I've been reading the book A Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas.

To put it simply, it's one of the greatest books I've read in a long, long time.
Seriously.
It's about the act of choosing to fall in love with God over and over,
and using your life (wherever you are in it) to present for Him as your Love Offering.

Go buy this book.

When I read books, whatever genre they are, I always underline and highlight sentences and passages that mean something to me, that tug at my heart, that are beautifully put, that I want to remember, etc. (I do it with Harry Potter, even, and it drives Matthias crazy every time I have to stop reading aloud just to underline "some silly little comment that Hermione made").

So anyways. This week I read a chapter that really stuck with me,
and my favorite part of the chapter goes like this:

"Maybe it's really possible to keep falling in love. Maybe the Creator wants to keep bringing us back to life, afresh and anew...They say that when you fall in love, the two of you begin to look alike.
May it be so. Oh, sweet Jesus, may it be so." (pg56/57)

Oh, my heart.

I'm not entirely sure why, but the simplicity of the request "may it be so, sweet Jesus" makes my heart jump and my eyes well up. To look like Jesus because He is who I'm in love with.
I can't think of much else that would be better than that.

For people to have an encounter with me, a conversation with me, even a glace of me walking down the street... and take away from the experience that who I am resembles the Son of God...

...Humble. Caring. A Servant. Passionate. Joyful. Kind. Attentive. Merciful. Generous...

...Love.


May it be so, my Sweet Jesus, may it be so.



No comments:

Post a Comment