Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dog Owners

The rumors are true.
Keilah, the one who dislikes dogs of most shapes, sizes and smells... now has a dog.
A canine, if you will.

The begging started about 2 months ago. All the husband ever wanted all the time was a baby dog. Something for him to take care of and train and to love and to play with and protect us and all sorts of mushy stuff that would make one want to puke.

I can't tell you how many times I said "No" and broke that sweet man's heart.

You see, I look at dogs as what they simply are: dogs. I think they're great if they are outdoor/garage/barn dogs. I think they're helpful around the farm and can bring protection to the family. I like obedient and calm dogs. All is good and well there.
But my problem lies in the whole stinky/shedding/annoying/licking/smelly/spastic/needy/pooping/scratching side of dogs. These are all characteristics of dogs. Some dogs are unfortunate enough to posses all of these qualities, whereas others only hold a few of them.
The latter is preferred in my book, obviously.
Anyone with me?!

Anyways.
All that to say:

World, meet Hudson.

The results of our most recent Sunday Drive are as follows:
1. An incredibly happy husband. Seriously people, I could actually see light in his eyes.
2. A silly little dog who licks me non-stop, sheds, doesn't quite understand
the command "Stay", likes to sleep in the sunlight and is addicted to affection.

I'm no dog lover, but I think the first makes the second fully and completely worth it.

 Plus, I got to pick his name.


1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the whole--it's a DOG thing. :-) The shedding licking scratching pooping mess making stuff is my least favorite as well. Larry is a good dog--but I have to confess now that we have moved and he can be outside all day I like him much better LOL

    Hudson is a sweet looking dog! And you have to admit---making husbands happy has its benefits :-)

    ReplyDelete