Monday, August 6, 2012

An Anniversary


Yesterday, August 5th, 2012, Matthias and I celebrated our very first married Anniversary.


I kept thinking all day long about exactly what I was dong, a year ago, at exactly that minute...

1:30 the night before.... finally finishing my vows and falling asleep.
7:30... waking up, eating breakfast, showering, packing the car.
10:00... realizing there weren't enough checks in the checkbook to be able to pay everyone that day... calling my dad and asking him to take cash out of two different banks on the way to the camp.
10:30... getting there, setting up, being able to breathe for a minute because friends were helping.
3:30... getting ready, worrying about Matthias, writing him a note, curling my hair.
6:15... Getting into the van to ride up to the chapel, absolutely scared out of my mind.
6:30... Crying with and hugging my Daddy, ready to walk.
7:00... Married. Finally married.

Happy, crazy day.

We spent the day yesterday doing a whole lot of nothing. Sleeping in, making French Toast, watching Harry Potter, doing silly dance moves, going to Kroger, eating wedding cake that has sat in a freezer for an entire year, falling asleep early.... you know, the usual married stuff.

But yesterday, it was different. I felt some sort of victory all day long... that we have done it. We've gotten through our first year of marriage with more good than bad. We love each other more now than we ever have. Victory, I'd say.

God is so good.

Happy Anniversary, my love.
You are so special to me, and you make my life a little sweeter each day.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment