Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Six Months (very late!)

Yes, I know... She's almost 7 months old... but I never posted this 6 month blog. So, here.

The thirty days between Addi turning 5 months old and Addi turning 6 months old were absolutely packed with new and big things. I almost couldn't keep up, emotionally, with that girl. She's got my heart all over the place, these days. One day soon, I am going to force myself to sit down and write her birth story. I'm slowly forgetting details, and I want to keep them close.

Addi's laugh has become very strong, and she really only laughs with her Daddy. She adores him, and it's does my Mama-heart good to see.

She can sit up by herself, playing and laughing and observing.

She is a Peek-a-Boo professional, let me tell you.

This sweet little girl is very affectionate, laying her head down on our shoulders, and touching our faces constantly. It's amazing to see her wants and needs in her eyes and body language, even though she cannot verbally tell us.

She can fake cough with the best of 'em!

This little girl loves being outside. Loves it. And that makes me so happy. 

At 6 months and 1 day old, Addi had her first food (other than Mama's milk)! We have been researching and watching her, and felt that she was ready to venture into 'solids'. And what an adventure it will be!

Here are some pictures of our sixth month with our sweet girl.




Oh Addi,
It hurts my heart a little bit to think that half of a whole year has already flown by us. Weren't you just born? Didn't I just see your first smile the other day?! Where did your wrinkly back and feet go??
It sure us a funny thing, wanting you to grow and learn but also stay so small... all at the same time. You are precious, you are special, you are so crazy, and there is nothing you could ever do or say that would make us stop loving you and cheering you on! We are always for you, baby. Thank you for shining Light into our days and hearts.

Your Mama and Daddy are head over heels crazy about you.
Always will be.

Happy six months, my little Love.

1 comment: