Saturday, September 8, 2012

A few happy [yesterday] things

2 Corinthians 4:16-17



In light of trying to climb out of a semi deep-ish hole of fear, funk, anger and just generally a lot of yucky emotions, I am choosing to make a little list of things that lighten my heavy heart.


[1]
It's Friday. Need I say more?
[2]
Being able to listen to and be there for my husband in his time of need.
Makes me feel like I'm taking a step toward the wife I want to be.
[3]
I hear that pumpkin spice everything is back at Starbucks.
I know where I'm going this weekend.
[4]
Email.
I never wanted a smartphone, but since August 7th, I'm continually more and more grateful for the ability to so easily receive and respond to emails from Thailand every day...
I miss my best friend.
[5]
Realizing that today is the 7th of September
and Leneigh has been there for an entire month already...
Finding hope in the thought of "one month down..."
[6]
The way God pricks my hardened heart every so often,
saying "It's okay to hurt. I am giving you joy when you
least expect it, but need it most."
[7]
My growing and changing body.
Knowing that I am sustaining a life in there...
and through that knowledge, reassuring my heart that soon,
oh, soon, I will begin to actually feel like a Mama.
[8]
New music and new playlists.
[9]
This blog.
When I actually find the time and courage to write something,
I always feel thankful and refreshed afterwards.



Lamentations 3:53-58
[Sent to me late last night from my sweet friend... Thank you, Kayce...]
"They tried to end my life in a pit and threw stones at me; the waters closed over my head, and I thought I was about to perish. I called on Your name, Lord, from the depths of the pit.
You heard my plea: "Do not close Your ears to my cry for relief!"
You came near when I called You, and You said "Do not fear."
You, Lord, took up my case; You redeemed my life."

Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love reading your blogs! And check all the time to see if there's a new one:)

    ReplyDelete